The last time I posted about my goals & intentions, I was doing weekly goals in order to accomplish my goals for the year. As I suspected, it takes too much time to update my goals weekly so I have decided to switch to a monthly update which I intend to publish the first week of every month throughout this year.
This post is heavy on words, light on photos. Much of the text (in black) is copied & pasted from two of my other GOALS & INTENTIONS posts to give a bit of background. Some of it has been edited out for brevity sake. If you'd like to see everything that I wrote, visit the original posts here and here.
In my last GOALS & INTENTIONS post here, I had planned to do the following:
GOALS for Jan 14-20
*Make GRATEFUL label for Project Life Album - had thought I would design the label in Photoshop and print out on Avery inkjet adhesive paper, but some of my Photoshop skills escaped me so I opted for stamping on these Marthat Stewart for Avery
*Create LOGO for 24 Projects in 2013 - working on that this week, I'm making good progress - YAY!
*Yoga x 2 - every week except last week due to birthday party planning, religious milestone and a bad cold; Cardio 5x - Yes; Run 1 mile - take feet pic - I have switched this to exercising outside twice a week & I do take feet pics each time. Only once did I forget the camera.
*Set up documentation system for Recipes - YES! I'll be sharing more of these soon. Here is my post introducing my system. & Running - same as above, I've switched to outdoor exercise including once a week hike - all outdoor exercise has food photo to document. I will post a monthly grid of feet photos as my documentation - coming soon.
*Complete Project Life Week 2, post on Sunday - I've done this every week so far. The past two weeks (3 & 4) I have posted on Monday night, my true deadline, but I do strive for Sunday.
*Make 10 Stamps (I am the most excited about this one!) - DONE! I ended up making at least 15 and have many ideas written down for more. To see all the ones I've made, go here. To see my HOW-TO post, go here.
*Try a green smoothie 2+ mornings this week - DONE! I'm not sure if I started this the week of Jan 14, but I did the following week and now I have one almost every day. I'll share my current recipe here soon.
*Make one new recipe this week - YES! So far, I haven't missed a week. Last week, my husband was the chef of the new recipe, though I think I made something too. I've taken photos of every new dish and will not only put them in my mini-book but will publish a monthly grid here. I better get on that! So much to share!
*Take one photo with the LOVE of MY LIFE - I have been doing this. I do think I missed at least one week. Problem is, I am not liking the photos. We have been taking them all of ourselves - we're need a little variety. And I just realized we were all dressed up the other day and missed that perfect opportunity. I'll do better in February. Let me know if you have any creative ideas for self-portraits with more than one person in them. Perhaps I should refer to my own SELF TIME MADNESS PHOTOS.
1) Complete two projects a month in 2013. These can be any type of DIY project. [some ideas: make my own stamps - DONE, art journal, make my own stencils, make another felt monster in partnership with my 7 year-old designer, Braden, sew something - DONE, I'd like to do one photo book (I think about these a lot and never complete), t-shirt - DONE, some Xmas DIY project, Japan travel journal, mini book, etc.]
2) Share more about my process and my creations on my blog. - so far, so good. Need to do more of thise but I feel like I am so busy creating things that there isn't time to blog about it. Not to mention taking pics of the process, editing those pics and getting them ready to upload, takes up lots of time too.
3) 30 Days of Cupcakes - this is something my husband has been bugging me to do. Actually, he wants me to do 365 days of cupcakes, but I have totally refused that one. I'm still not ready to commit to 30 days of cupcakes. I will do 12+ days coming up soon if all stars align. Stay tuned!
4) Run 1 Mile Everyday for 30 Days - I'm not sure how this one will work. I may have to make it 3 times a week for four weeks or something like that as running may not fit my schedule. I typically exercise at the gym and so even though I won't be running, I will still be exercising. I have to ruminate on this awhile and see what I will be happy with. But one thing I do want to do is take a photo of my feet (wearing my extremely cool new workout shoes) at every place I run (I saw this on Elise Blaha's blog and thought is was awesome)! As I mentioned above, this has changed to exercise outside 2+x/week. And document this by taking a feet photo. So far, almost all of these photos contain more than one pair of feet, so I've had a lot of company. I plan to share a grid of all my feet photos each month. So, January's will be coming soon!
5) "Compete" in one or more FUN RUNs in my community. Hopefully, the next one that comes up. There was one I wanted to do last month and I am still regretting not going for it. I let laziness & (Southern Cal) cold weather get in my way. I just heard about a color run coming up next month that we'll do if the schedule allows. You wear white and people along the way throw colored chalk (or something similar) on the runners and by the end each person is very colorful. It reminds me of the Indian Festival in Varanassi. It will make for some awesome photos!
photo credit: johnbrew (click on his name to see his flickr photostream)
photo credit: johnbrew (click on his name to see his flickr photostream)
6) Project Life - 52 weeks - Blog About It weekly - this may mean just one quick photo of my two page spread because I often think showing all the details, taking the photos and uploading is very tedious and since this is mainly just for me and at this point I don't have a ton of regular readers (or NO regular readers-let's be honest!), who would I be doing it for anyway, right? The minimum of one photo will be a way to keep myself accountable and track my progress. I've been doing far more than one quick photo of my two page spread! What happens to me? I just can't stop myself. It is just so much fun, but I do reserve the right to go back to one simple photo if needed.
To see all of my posts about PROJECT LIFE, click HERE.
7) Try One New Recipe a Week - I have a love/hate recipe with cooking and sometimes baking. I hate being responsible to cook dinner for my family every night. Luckily my husband likes to cook and lately he's been able to help me carry this burden. I hate thinking of new meals Every. Single. Day. that my whole family will eat and like (doesn't happen often) and that I think are healthy enough for them to put inside their bodies. YES! Though many of the new recipes have just been ones for the adults in our home to eat. But that's OK. It has been fun.
8) One Family Photo Each Month - I'm so glad I've kept this up for the past almost two years. I'm not sure I'll continue on with the FAMILY x 12 blog hop, though it is an easy one to organize. Seems a shame not to. So far so good, though our one photo is missing Reece because he was away for the weekend. That will be rectified this month. Our February blog hop is almost here - this Sunday, Feb 10 (which is also Chinese New Year aka: Spring Festival)
9) More photos of Me & The Love of My Life - see my comments above.
Well, there you go! My February Goals & Intentions update! Oh and I should mention that my guiding words - THRIVE! EXPERIMENT! BE GRATEFUL! have been directing me. It has made a huge difference. I haven't been this productive and disciplined in quite some time. And the next step is to share the fruits of my labor with you all here.
Thanks for sticking with me through this long winded post. If you've made it this far, let me know how you are doing so far with your goals & intentions in 2013.