I've chosen to remove our year in review video due to a song that was on it. I paid for the song but realized perhaps I don't have permission to play it on my blog. Better to be safer than sorry!
Found this challenge here:
1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
Attended a Japanese wedding
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
No I didn't. I don't even remember if I made any but I do know that I didn't complete several of my goals
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
I had so many friends this year give birth after so many years of not knowing anyone. Abby, Ella, Caitlin, Sara
4. Did anyone close to you die?
my uncle at age 91 and my cousin at age 50
5. What countries did you visit?
7. What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Nov 22 - our fifth Thanksgiving in Beijing. We moved home this year after four years abroad yet I still didn't get a "real" Thanksgiving at home. Nov 23 & 24 attending Ayane's wedding festivities, June 25 moving home from China, Late March - friend of 25 years visited me in China
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Grand Prize winner in my city's 100th anniversary photography contest
9. What was your biggest failure?
Hmmmmm.... I don't think I approach life in that way. Perhaps that is why I can't think of anything. Maybe I just learn from my mistakes or I accept when I don't succeed that I have moved on to something new and don't think of it as a failure. I make conscious choices about everything that I do.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No, this year was pretty healthy. I finished the last day off iwth a cold, but nothing major. I still exercised!
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A new pair of exercise shoes.
12. Where did most of your money go?
13. What did you get really excited about?
Going to Japan for Ayane's wedding
14. What song(s) will always remind you of 2012?
Call Me Maybe
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
I am in the unknown and unsettled. Last year I felt settled though there were still unknowns just less
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
creating, making things
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
packing, I don't like packing for trips or for moving
18. How did you spend Christmas?
We had a nice Christmas with my mom & brother, Paul's parents and his brother, Eric & sister, Amy and of course our family of five
19. What was your favorite TV program?
20. What were your favorite books of the year?
The Last Days of Ptolemy Grey
21. What was your favorite music from this year?
My usual playlist
22. What were your favorite films of the year?
Argo, This is 40, - I didn't see too many
23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
44 - I don't even remember what I did. Oh yes, we went to Cheesecake Factory with our family and then I spent the next day at the Terrenea spa by myself.
24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Buying our house
25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
not having enough of the clothes that I want! wearing the same clothes over and over. Purchasing a new pair of bad jeans towards the end. Need to try and find a different pair soon! Oh and of course 50% of the time I am in my exercise wear.
26. What kept you sane?
Friends, exercise, photography, yoga, memory keeping
27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.
Give us this day our daily bread.